Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Blindsided

We went to see a neurosurgeon on Tuesday June 11th, 2013, with the mind set that worse case scenario, she may need a helmet to help shape her head. The doctor walked in and said a whole bunch of fancy words for what she thought was going on...it could be Anterior Positional Plagiocephaly, which would be the first she has ever seen (most of the time it's in the back of the head) and that would be the best case scenario, requiring a helmet to help shape the skull... or it could be Left Coronal Craniosynostosis, which I was clueless about. She initially said lets get an xray...then changed to let's get a CT. There are concerns about radiation on young children so I didn't want to do that now without knowing more...I needed someone to tell me by looking at her...what was going on. So I came home and contacted another doctor for a second opinion and set up an appointment with him for the following week. I was a wreck...was completely blindsided by all of this...


Alice trying very hard to sit up

No comments:

Post a Comment