Thursday, July 11, 2013

Just breathe

Today was rough...an extremely long and emotionally draining day. I wish I could say that the worst part is over but it's not. It was hard enough to see my baby have blood drawn from her arm and have the CT done...I just don't know how I'm going to find the strength to even stand tomorrow but I guess my motherly instinct will kick in and give me the strength I need. She did great today during the CT, and thank goodness she didn't have to be sedated for that...she was able to hold still enough for it. We were at the hospital from 12:45pm until 5pm today and I am drained, have barely eaten all day because of my nerves...I can't imagine how I'm going to feel tomorrow.

Please pray for our sweet Alice. I am more nervous than I have ever been after signing all those forms and hearing a detailed explanation of what is going to be done. I wish that she didn't have to have surgery and that it was optional...but it's not. Unfortunately this problem won't go away by itself. I just really wish she didn't have to go through this....or that I could take her place.

Here are some pictures of Alice during the CT and a cell phone picture off the computer screen of her skull. (I will post a better one later) You can see where the skull is fused on the right side and open on the left side, just confirmation of what we already knew.

I can't thank everyone enough for offering to help us in any way and of course for the prayers. I hope those angels of hers are on their way to DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment