Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Running out of patience...

So all day Monday I was super anxious hoping to hear an answer by Monday evening, then all day today I was somewhat anxious but had high hopes of hearing something today...then learned how unconcerned the insurance company was about my child. The case worker that handles referrals at her pediatrician's office called our insurance company, where the fax was sent, 7 times today to try and push them along...and said things like "how would you feel if this was your child", "this baby really needs this surgery, she's in a tight window" and her response was "everyone has problems"..I mean really??? That cut like a knife for some reason...the reality that they just don't give a damn about how urgent this is and what a tight window it is to have this procedure done. If they are the cause of us missing this opportunity, I really don't know how I'm going to react...I was doing pretty good, and had been pretty strong for a while now...then this afternoon I broke down...


Snuggle time-
feeling defeated and down




I have never felt the feelings I am feeling right now or gone through these emotions of feeling helpless, and that the fate of my child's surgery is in their hands and not my decision. So in hopes of not feeling let down again, I don't expect to hear anything tomorrow either, then Thursday is a holiday...we will be lucky if we hear something by Friday. In the meantime we are on standby, my parents are on standby in case they have to keep the kids while we are gone and everything is basically on hold...can't even think about  the Fourth of July or celebrating. I sure hope I have an update soon, will let you all know when I hear something. Thanks so much to everyone for your kind words and prayers, we really appreciate it.



Here's a video of my happy little Alice today...








No comments:

Post a Comment